Wednesday, August 22, 2012

DAYS 167-169 Recovery

It's been six months since my open heart surgery and I'm feeling wonderful this week, better than I have in almost 1 1/2 years.  My blood pressure is still high, but everything else is going great.  Even my energy is coming back and so far no side effects from the new meds.  

Yesterday I met with the trainer and yoga instructor at Pardee Hospital's Wellness Center, which is adjacent to their Cardio/Pulmonary Rehab Center.  She worked with me on the exercise machines, in addition to teaching me some floor and bench exercises with the free weights.  She was amazed that I could do 140 lbs on the leg press machine.  I'm sure scaling the rock wall along our driveway while pulling the weeds that grow between and behind the rocks, then planting English ivy there is helping to strengthen and build muscle in these skinny legs of mine.  I must have strong legs in order to ride horses again. 

Here's a photo of the some of the wonderful staff at Pardee's Cardio Rehab Center.  They did a fantastic job of taking care of me from mid April until the begging of this month.  I saw them three days a week and they were an important part of my recovery.  I miss them. 




Meds:   Coumadin, Amiodarone, Cardizem, Vayacog, L-Carnitine, Vitamin D, I-Caps, Flax seed oil, Multivitamin, Lutein, Hawthorne, Garlic, B-12, L-Arginine, DHEA, Resveratrol  

No comments: