Tuesday, November 6, 2012

DAYS 240 - 245 RECOVERY

Yesterday, while planning my day, I forgot to allow time for the stupidity factor.  Normally I don't get excited about medical appointments, but I was very eager to see the orthopedic surgeon to determine if the broken bone in my ankle is on its way to healing --- or not.  I'm so ready to kick this big black boot that lost its super hero powers weeks ago.  It's plodded through red soil garden beds, stepped in duck doo-doo, had diesel fuel spilled on it, let's just say it's not as pristine as it was 2 months ago.

I arrived right on time for my appointment yesterday (here's where the stupidity comes in) only to be told that I came to the wrong location.  I drove all the way to Asheville when the doctor was at a satellite office in the town next to where I live.  My previous appointments were scheduled for this more distant location because that's where the emergency room people sent me.  When I learned there was an office closer to mine, I requested my appointment be changed to the closer location.  Yesterday, by the time I could have driven back to the other town, the doctor would no longer be there.  Now because of my stupidity (forgetfulness?) I have to wait another week to determine the outcome.  



Meds:   Amiodarone, Cardizem,  Vayacog, L-Carnitine, Vitamin D, I-Caps, Flax seed oil, Multivitamin, B-12, L-Arginine, DHEA, Glucosoamine, Calcium, Garlic, Aspirin, Omega-3 Fish Oil, Vitamin C

3 comments:

auntie said...

Oh well. Thems the breaks!

Darryl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

don't be so hard on yourself. happens to the best of us. :) Your foot is still healing, that's the good news.