Sunday, December 14, 2014

I THINK I CAN. I THINK I CAN. I THINK I CAN.



It's been two years and ten months since I had open-heart surgery and I still haven't reached my goal of running one mile up our mountain road. Breathing problems, sleep apnea  and recently diagnosed asthma are my road blocks this time. It pisses me off to think my "Rocky Moment" is unattainable. Even walking is a challenge now. On rare good days I can walk almost two-tenths of a mile, huffing and puffing the whole way. Sometimes I take my goat along so she can pull me up the incline. I hate to wimp out and  redefine my goal. I had high hopes and I worked hard, but at this point, rather than throwing in the towel, I'll declare my "Rocky Moment" after I WALK one mile up the mountain road. Surely with time and persistent baby steps, I can do it. My regression has been discouraging. One and a half years ago, after my broken ankle healed, I could walk two and one-quarter miles. I know I can do it again. It is my new promise to myself. OK, Rocky, look out, I'm a comin', not running, but walking with determination. 


Once again, Walter Wintle's poem comes to mind.  
If you think you are beaten, you are,
If you think you dare not, you don't,
If you like to win, but you think you can't,
It's almost a "cinch" you won't.
If you think you'll lose, you've lost,
For out in the world you find
Success begins with a fellow's will;
It's all in the state of mind.

Full many a race is lost
Ere ever a step is run;
And many a coward fails
Ere ever his work's begun.
Think big and your deeds will grow,
Think small and you'll fall behind,
Think that you can and you will;
It's all in the state of mind.

If you think you're outclassed, you are,
You've got to think high to rise,
You've got to be sure of yourself before
You can ever win a prize.
Life's battles don't always go
To the stronger or faster man,
But sooner or later, the man who wins,
Is the fellow who thinks he can.


Meds:   Amiodarone, Cardizem,  Vayacog, Paxil, Pradaxa, Symbicort, Proair, Montelukcast, Ipratropium Bromide, Fluticasone, Nexium, Claritin, Cpap machine, I-Caps, Vitamins D3  and B-12, Flax seed oil, Multivitamin, Glucosoamine, Omega-3 Fish Oil, Vitamin C, Phytoestrogen   

1 comment:

Angelina Keffi said...

There is a safe & effective Natural Herbal Medicine. For Total Cure Call    +2349010754824,  or email him   drrealakhigbe@gmail.com       For an Appointment with (Dr.) AKHIGBE contact him. Treatment with Natural Herbal Cure. For:Dengue Fever, Malaria. Painful or Irregular Menstruation. HIV/Aids. Diabetics. Vaginal Infections. Vaginal Discharge. Itching Of the Private Part. Breast Infection. Discharge from Breast. Breast Pain & Itching. Lower Abdominal Pain. No Periods or Periods Suddenly Stop. Women Sexual Problems. High Blood Pressure Chronic Disease. Pain during Sex inside the Pelvis. Pain during Urination. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, (PID). Dripping Of Sperm from the Vagina As Well As for Low sperm count. Parkinson disease. Obesity, Lupus. Soreness/Injury  Cancer.  Tuberculosis.  Zero sperm count. Bacteria, Impotence Fertility,Protoplasmic, Diarrhea. Hepatitis A&B, Rabies. Asthma.  Quick Ejaculation. Gallstone, Cystic Fibrosis, Schizophrenia, Crubs, Cirrhosis,  Premature Ejaculation. Herpes. Joint Pain. Stroke. Cornelia Disease, Weak Erection. Ovarian problem,  HeartBurn, Erysipelas, Thyroid, Relapsing polychondritis,  Discharge from Penis. Bronchial Problem,  HPV.  Hepatitis A and B. STD. Smallpox, Staphylococcus + Gonorrhea + Syphilis. Heart Disease.  Pile-Hemorrhoid.rheumatism,  Impotence, thyroid, Autism, Depression,  Sepsis Bacteria,  Penis enlargement, Prostate Problem,  Waist & Back Pain.  Male Infertility and Female Infertility. Etc. Take Action Now. contact him & Order for your Natural Herbal Medicine:  +2349010754824  and email him    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    Note For an Appointment with (Dr.) AKHIGBE.I suffered in Cancer for a year and three months dying in pain and full of heartbreak. One day I was searching through the internet and I came across a testimony of herpes cure by doctor Akhigbe. So I contacted him to try my luck, we talked and he sent me the medicine through courier service and with instructions on how to be drinking it.To my greatest surprise drinking the herbal medicine within three weeks I got the changes and I was cured totally. I don't really know how it happens but there is power in Dr Akhigbe herbal medicine. He is a good herbalist doctor.