Monday, April 8, 2013

DAY 398 RECOVERY


The visit to the cardiologist today resulted in a change of medication for blood pressure and heart rate. They did blood work to check my thyroid and kidneys.  An EKG was done but nothing seemed amiss.  An echocardiogram will be done at the hospital next week to check the functioning of my mitral valve, the one that was repaired during heart surgery last year.  They'll also equip me with a 24-hr heart monitor to detect any abnormal heart rhythm. Until then I'm not supposed to exert myself, so only moderate exercise.  I wish I had something funny to say about all this, but nothing comes to mind.   


Meds:   Amiodarone, Benicar HCT,  Vayacog, L-Carnitine, Vitamin D, I-Caps, Flax seed oil, Multivitamin, B-12, L-Arginine, Glucosoamine, Garlic, Aspirin, Omega-3 Fish Oil, Vitamin C
 


2 comments:

ThomasinaTRP said...

perhaps think of fun ways to increase the heart rate on the 24 hour monitor, and then watch the doc's expression when you explain what you were doing.

Peggy Wolf said...

Teresa- Thanks for adding the "funny." Wish I'd thought of that.