Sunday, July 28, 2013

DAYS 463-509 RECOVERY


As the weeks turn into months, I continue to walk the mile up and down the road several times per week. Other  than having to monitor my blood pressure, which wants to be too high even with medication, and a brief gastrointestinal problem, I've had no medical setbacks.  Even my left knee is no longer painful when walking downhill. This time of year, instead of working out at the gym, I do a great amount of physical work here as we continue to carve out our little homestead on the side of the mountain. 

I feel I've mastered the two-mile round trip up the road and back while walking.  Running is another story.  On an incline I become out of breath after only a short distance.  Running is such a leap from walking that I've become a bit discouraged so I've come up with a plan to bridge the gap.  Maybe if I condition my body to running on a flat plane, then I might be able to better make the transition to running up an incline.   With no flat surfaces here, I'll need to drive to town to use the running track at the elementary school or another at the horse complex.  I don't want to give up reaching my "Rocky moment"  so this week like the little train engine that tried to make it up the hill, I'll say, "I think I can!  I think I can!  I think I can!"

Meds:   Amiodarone, Cardizem,  Vayacog, L-Carnitine, Vitamin D, I-Caps, Flax seed oil, Multivitamin, B-12, L-Arginine, Glucosoamine, Garlic, Aspirin, Omega-3 Fish Oil, Vitamin C, Pantoprazole

No comments: