Wednesday, May 30, 2012

DAY 86 - Recovery

Wow, what a day!  For the first time in almost 5 months I awoke with energy, real energy!  I didn't have to drag myself from the bedroom to the bathroom to the kitchen with the fear that I'd do a face plant in my breakfast.  I had no desire to succumb to a couple more hours of sleep like I usually have to do.  Bright and early I walked and tended the animals then headed to the morning session at cardio rehab where for the first time they allowed me to do the standing elliptical "killer" machine.  The max time permitted was 5 minutes instead of 15 like I do on the treadmill and others.  From there I grabbed some lunch, did some quick shopping then drove to the other side of town for my grief support group.  Went back home to regroup and then headed back to town to indulge in cheap Wings on Wednesdays at my favorite Irish pub.  As usual I asked for double celery, but I deviated from my usual jerk wings to try Thai chili ones and a great choice it was.  I topped that off with a little chunk of chocolate walnut fudge from the nearby candy store.  It was all yummy, although I probably wouldn't receive my cardiologist's approval unless I could convince him that I just go there for the celery.  Life is starting to feel good again.  I hope today wasn't some kind of fluke as I'd like to do a rerun of it tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow.

Meds:   Coumadin, Vayacog, L-Carnitine, Vitamin D, I-Caps, Flax seed oil, Multivitamin  

2 comments:

auntie said...

God is good. I hope that this is a trend.

Bill Wrigley said...

Good news..Up beat and determined..Way to go Girl...