Saturday, May 19, 2012

DAYS 66-75 Recovery

I've been doing well.  Not having nausea since Mother's day, I've actually gained a little weight this week.  It's been almost three months since my surgery.  I'm still low on energy and have no stamina but I manage to get some things done little by little. 

We've been cut off from the world most of this week because our land line phone and internet services have been down.  I don't think about how isolated we are until suddenly we have no connection with the world beyond the western NC mountains.  Our cell phones don't get great reception and there are a few dead zones between the mountain peaks, but at least it gives us a back up to our land line phone.  When I first moved here two years ago, losing internet service was a frequent occurrence each and every time we'd have a storm or heavy rain. Over all our internet service has improved and despite what our son Doug claims it isn't as slow as it used to be.  The service provider calls it "medium" speed.  Hopefully someday we'll have high speed, but right now I'd settle for reliability.  

Meds:   Coumadin,  Multaq, Vayacog, L-Carnitine, Vitamin D, I-Caps, Flax seed oil, Multivitamin 
 

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Your rehab workouts are very inspiring! You are working so hard! I think of you when I don't want to get up in the morning and exercise...I have no excuse after hearing what you do - walking up and down your hill, treadmills, laps...Keep hanging in there Peggy. And keep up with your reports - it is great to hear from you. I sure hope we can get together somehow soon. Have a great Memorial Day weekend! Love you - Sandy