Monday, February 20, 2012

DAY 1 Pre-Op


Twenty-two years after leaving New Orleans some things still stick, so me and my Mardi Gras beads will head to the hospital at 4:30 tomorrow, Mardi Gras morning, but there'll be no parades and debauchery for me. At that time of day I'm sure not going to be awake enough to write a post before I leave. Then again maybe I won't sleep a wink tonight because of what I'm facing, either way this is it. This is my last posting before they cut open my heart. If I do have any extra time before I walk out the door in the morning, I'm going to use it by standing in front of a mirror admiring my décolletage because it will never look the same again. I'm hoping the doctor can make the scar look like cleavage. I want to cry. I so want to cry. Really, someone should tell me to put on my big girl panties and stop whining about this when there are far worse things. Some people lose limbs. Women are losing their breasts. Some people completely lose their minds and never find them again. I need to gain some perspective on this whole thing. Well anyway, this is my last post for quite some time. Actually if I don’t make it through this surgery, this will be my last post forever, like finished, done, gone. In that case, you will never ever hear from me again.

I expect to be hospitalized for a week, with my first couple of days in the limbo land of Intensive Care. I won't be taking my computer so you'll be left wondering for about seven days if I'm coming back or not. I hate to leave you hanging, but of course, a little tension is always good for a story. That's about as accommodating as I can be about this.


Meds:  Namenda, diuretic, beta blocker, vitamins and supplements, 3rd and 4th Enoxaparin Sodium injections, use Bactroban nasal ointment, scrub body from neck to toes with Hibiclens (antimicrobial soap)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

to be continued...

Rob said...

I pray all goes well for you Peggy.
Peace,
Rob

auntie said...

Go ahead, cry it is very cleansing. Prayers for you all the way.