Tuesday, February 14, 2012

DAY 7 Pre-Op


My appointment for final pre-op testing and preparation, scheduled for one week before the surgery, happens to fall on Valentines Day, the day of hearts.  How appropriate. I'll be reporting at 10:00 am today to the same hospital in SC where it all happens next week.  It shouldn't take more than a couple of hours. No food or water since midnight. If any infection is found In my body, it will be necessary to postpone the surgery. Must bring all meds with me today, including an Rx from the psychiatrist for Namenda, a drug used to treat dementia associated with Alzheimer's disease.  I will be taking it both pre and post-op in an effort to ward off POCD (post-operative cognitive dysfunction/decline). While there are a few things in my life I'd like to forget, I certainly can't afford to get senile.  Then how would I ever beat my husband at Upwards and Scrabble?  

Meds:  Pradaxa, diuretic, beta blocker, anti-depressant, fish oil, vitamins and supplements

No comments: