Wednesday, April 4, 2012

DAY 30 - Recovery

It's been six weeks since my surgery.  When I think back to how difficult it was and how much energy it took to just hold my body up during those first days at home one month ago, I've come a long way.  I was slow this morning, but I logged a mile on the track and later reclaimed my Susie Homemaker role by cleaning the bathroom.  I would have wrapped up setting the bricks for the greenhouse floor, but I ran out of bricks.  Running a mile up a mountain road won't happen anytime soon, but give me another four or maybe six months and I'll be claiming that Rocky moment.  I couldn't do it without all the wonderful support and encouragement I'm receiving from Darryl, and so many of my friends and relatives.  I thank you all from the bottom of my rebuilt heart. 

Meds:   Coumadin, Furosemide, Bupropion, Multaq, aspirin 81mg, Namenda, Metroprolol, Zantac, multivitamin, vitamin D, I-Caps, 2 bananas (potassium) 

3 comments:

auntie said...

Your new heart is like a wall that has been shorn up and newly chinked. It was worn from all the love that it has held and given over the years. It's now repaired so that it will be able to continue to hold and distribute all the love that it can for the rest of your days. That's a lot of love.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you need to get up and go get more bricks, a pair of running shoes and a new Susie Homemaker outfit. Glad you are back PW. Keep moving.

Tu ne quaesieris, scire nefas, quem mihi, quem tibi finem di dederint, Leuconoe, nec Babylonios temptaris numeros. ut melius,quidquid erit, pati.
seu pluris hiemes seu tribuit Iuppiter ultimam,
quae nunc oppositis debilitat pumicibus mare Tyrrhenum:
sapias, vina liques et spatio brevi spem longam reseces. dum loquimur, fugerit invida
aetas: carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero.

Peggy Wolf said...

RW- Say what? I can pick up a word or two here and there and I've got the "seize the day" down, but the rest leaves me confused.