Sunday, April 15, 2012

DAY 41 - Recovery

What a difference a night makes!  I can finally say that I feel good, in fact, I felt better today than I have all year.  Last week I was about to give up, thinking I would never feel well again.  This morning I awoke with no chest pain, pressure or tightness, no coughing, no feverish sick feeling, no nausea.  Apparently bed rest and my sun/heat treatment (even minus Acapulco) conquered the bronchitis.  For the first time since the heart surgery food actually tasted good, even wine and chocolate.  I ate more today than I did all last week.  For the first time since September I was able to walk up the inclines on our property without huffing, puffing, gasping and holding onto trees due to shortness of breath.  I feel so much younger and optimistic about being able to enjoy life again. Of course I still look like a mini-monster with my one red eye. Where is a pirate patch when you really need one? Feeling this great physically is a big boost to me mentally.  Is it too much to ask for the same for tomorrow?


Meds:   Coumadin, Furosemide, Bupropion, Multaq, aspirin 81mg,  multivitamin, vitamin D, I-Caps, Omega-3 fish oil, 2 bananas (potassium)

1 comment:

auntie said...

Behold the power of prayer. Keep it coming.