Wednesday, April 18, 2012

DAYS 43 & 44 - Recovery

My life seems to be two steps forward and one step backward.  Yesterday was going great until the seat belt hit me in the eye, the same eye that's recovering from a broken blood vessel.  I thought it looked bad then, but now that it's bruised, swollen, and even bloodier it looks totally horrid.  I've taken to wearing sunglasses both indoors and out, day and night. Maybe I should consider wearing safety goggles. When taking a heavy-duty blood thinner, the consequences of minor accidents are compounded.  At least it's only one side of my face that will scare away mice and men, the other side looks fine.  

I did an amazing job on the stress test at the cardiologist's office yesterday morning.  I could not have done that 3 days prior, so now I'm free to drive and begin cardio rehab.  Today, for the first time, I walked up the stairs to be barn loft without any problem.  That's also something I couldn't do several days ago.

I haven't taken the beta blocker, Metroprolol, since Saturday.  I so want to get off some of these meds, but it looks like I still need this one since my blood pressure has been rising steadily ever since.  Today at 163/103 it's become outright scary so I've started taking it again. 

Meds:   Coumadin, Furosemide, Bupropion, Multaq, Metroprolol, aspirin 81mg,  multivitamin, vitamin D, I-Caps, Omega-3 fish oil, 2 bananas (potassium)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey PW sounds like you will be looking for some adventure soon. Mountain climbing? Well besides the adventure of trying life with fewer meds. Just FYI metroprolol has a rebound effect if you go cold turkey, scared the bejeezus out of me when I flushed the white pills of darkness down the toilet one day.