Thursday, April 12, 2012

DAYS 37 & 38 - Recovery

I guess I was naive to think that recovery from a major surgery would mean getting a little better each day.  For these past two days I've been down with what feels like bronchitis.  I've already had it three other times since Feb 23 and have had two rounds of antibiotics.  It makes me feel sick and weak all over along with the coughing, phlegm, throwing up, and the pain and tightness in my chest.  Darryl's been working with me to do deep breathing exercises which were painful at first, but I really think it's helping.  Years ago when I was working in Mexico City and came down with this ailment, the doctor suggested I go to Acapulco and lie in the sun on the beach for a few days.  Well, since my bikini days are over and Acapulco is too far away, I came up with an alternative solution.  I sat in the greenhouse.  It was so wonderfully warm in there.  I felt the sun's heat penetrating and healing my body.  While I was in there I forced my weak body to assemble two shelf units. I still feel sick but better than this morning. 


Meds:   Coumadin, Furosemide, Bupropion, Multaq, aspirin 81mg, Metroprolol, multivitamin, vitamin D, I-Caps, Omega-3 fish oil, 2 bananas (potassium), Mucinex, echinacea, vitamin C


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maybe Darryl can teach you play the Saxaphone. A less boring deep breathing exercise and it would run off your pesky mountain lions and other critters.