Thursday, April 5, 2012

DAY 31 - Recovery

I'm glad I walked a mile on the grade school track first thing thing this morning because depression hit me pretty hard later in the day.  In addition the day became even more sad when I found that one of my dearest friends lost her mother.  Becoming an orphan isn't easy no matter how old you are.  This afternoon my little fluffy white Jersey Wooly bunny, Weston, died in my lap as I was grooming him.  At seven years old I knew he wouldn't be with me much longer and the last few days he became less active.  It's hard to lose a precious pet.  He was so sweet.  He loved kale and clover and could rapidly make a carrot disappear.  My little menagerie is dwindling.  I'm down to 2 goats, 2 cats, 1 duck and 1 turtle.  Animals were vital to my survival of childhood so they'll always be meaningful to me.  

Meds:   Coumadin, Furosemide, Bupropion, Multaq, aspirin 81mg, Metroprolol, Zantac, multivitamin, vitamin D, I-Caps, Omega-3 fish oil, 2 bananas (potassium) 

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Sorry to hear about Weston. My sister and I were assisting the hospice nurse in giving my mom a bed bath last Wednesday. She was not too responsive at that point, but we could tell she knew we were there and caring for her. We changed her gown and were just pulling up the covers around her when we realized she was not breathing. We listened for several seconds, looking for a pulse. Then she breathed one last large breath and was gone. I believe she looked up (or down) and saw her two daughters holding her, gently caring for her, and she decided, "All is well." And she was ready to move on. Simply. Quietly. Maybe the same with Weston. :)
I love reading of your great progress! You are a real champion on that track - and in all you do in life.
Much love for you,
Sandy