Sunday, March 18, 2012

DAY 13 - Recovery


After a McDonald's breakfast, we walled .8 miles at the mini-mall.  This is one of those days when I wonder if I'll ever feel good again.  Darryl spoke with his brother who is a cardiologist in Nashville regarding the blood clots in my lungs.  Prior to getting his MD he was a respiratory therapist.  It sounds like this whole lung thing is a much bigger deal than I thought and it can be quite debilitating which I'm realizing. Just getting up from a chair and walking half-way across a room today leaves me gasping for breath.  The recovery is going to be long, probably a full six months and slow.  This is so discouraging. While pushing myself to walk long distances is good for my heart, for the lungs, I'm better off doing more moderate movement/exercise between periods of rest.   I wish there was a way to fast-forward my life to the middle of September.

Meds: Coumadin,  Multaq, Bupropion, aspirin 81mg, Furosemide, Namenda, Metroprolol, Zantac, potassium, multivitamin, vitamin D, I-Caps
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

PW sounds like you need a big park with lots of benches. One step at a time...