Friday, March 23, 2012

DAYS 14 thru 18 - Recovery Interrupted

Pie-Shaped Room Revisited

On Monday, March 19, when I went to SC  for my follow-up visit with the cardiothoracic surgeon, little did I know I wouldn't be coming home.  He sent me immediately and directly to Spartanburg Regional Hospital where I had been just two weeks before.  The first two days were spent in the Intensive Care Unit where they inserted a port in my lower back and drained a quart of fluid and blood that had built up around my right lung and was restricting its expansion.  No wonder I was so short of breath.  I spend two additional days in the heart care unit of the hospital where I had been before.  The relief was almost immediate and I'm feeling much better overall.  Now I feel I'll have a better shot at a successful recovery.  My rebuilt heart is working beautifully, I just have to bring my pathetic 113 lb skeletal body up to speed.  

Meds: Coumadin, Multaq, Bupropion, aspirin 81mg, Namenda, Metroprolol, Zantac, multivitamin, vitamin D, I-Caps
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear the parts are working. Good that you went to the hospital and got an oil change, can't imagine what a relief it must have been to have that much pressure released. Talk about taking a deep breath. Good on you PW.