Wednesday, March 7, 2012

DAY 2 - Recovery


After a full two-week hospital stay, I finally arrived home late Monday night.  Nothing about the ordeal was like I expected.  Yesterday, my first full day at home wasn't bad. I suppose the euphoria of not having to face any more hospital food and being in my own home on a beautiful warm winter day with a pear tree in full bloom outside the window and  bright yellow daffodils poking through the rough mountain soil heralding spring carried me through from morning to night.  I was able to eat, walked a little more than my required half-hour and looked forward to Day 2 (that's today) to continue my progress.

This has not been a good day - feeling sick all day, can't keep anything down, too weak to walk.  I thought all the "sickness" was behind me and now I could focus on working hard everyday to build my strength and stamina.  That doesn't seem to be the case.  

Meds:  Coumadin, Multaq, Bupropion, aspirin 81mg, Furosemide, Namenda, Metroprolol, Zantac, potassium, multivitamin, vitamin C, vitamin D, Tramadol/Apap

3 comments:

auntie said...

One day at a time there. Prayers are still coming your way.

Sandy said...

Hang in there. Let the pear tree and the daffodils fill you with energy! You have a big cheering squad rootin' for you! I look forward to reading your progress reports! Love you!
Sandy

ThomasinaTRP said...

Let's just hope that the good days start outweighing the bad days. If you can look forward to those good days, it will make the struggle through the bad days a smidge more tolerable.
Hugs,
Teresa