Wednesday, March 28, 2012

DAY 23 - Recovery

I slept away a big chunk of the morning because I didn't want to participate in life.  All my thoughts were sad ones.  I just wanted to curl up in a ball and wither away.  With the cloud of depression pulling me down, I got myself outside with my animals.  Their antics and their wanting to interact with me usually does a good job of lifting me up and it worked well today.  By afternoon I was ready and willing to tackle some work in the plant yard and pulling weeds in the ground cover area.  Instead of shrouding my face and hair with a big brim hat and scarf like I always do, I lifted my bare face to the sun and let it spill its warm beams over my forehead and cheeks and down my arms.  I let the wind tangle my long hair. The warmth of the sun felt healing especially to my chest that was painful with the congestion of bronchitis.  Later when I came in to rest, I found an email from a friend suggesting that I do just what I had done with the sun.  That made me smile.  


Meds:   Coumadin, Azithromycin, Furosemide, Bupropion, aspirin 81mg, Namenda, Metroprolol, Zantac, multivitamin, vitamin D, I-Caps, 2 bananas (potassium) 

No comments: